What do I need?
This is an overview of the steps that have to be taken before you can start a calculation.
- You must define the assembly of the component (i.e. its layer sequence and the layer thicknesses) and you must enter the material data for the individual layers. The material data may be entered by hand or taken from the material database. Alternatively, a predefined assembly may be read from the construction database.
- You may specify heat, moisture or air change sources within the component.
- You may select monitoring positions, for which you want to be given the courses of temperature and relative humidity (the two surfaces of the building component are always monitored).
- You must specify the orientation, the inclination and the height of the building component.
- You must select the surface transfer coefficients for heat, vapor and liquid transport.
- You must specify the initial conditions, which describe the starting values of the temperature and moisture fields.
The second point of the tree is to define the control parameters.
- You must specify the time interval for which the calculation shall be carried out. You may specify additional points in time for which you want to be given profiles.
- You may edit the parameters for the numerical control.
- You must define the climatic conditions on each side of the component by selecting a file with weather data or by having interior climate data derived from such a file, or by specifying schematic sine curves for the climate data.