The menu-driven PC program WUFI® (Wärme und Feuchte instationär - Transient Heat and Moisture), developed by IBP and validated using data derived from outdoor and laboratory tests, allows realistic calculation of the transient hygrothermal behaviour of multi-layer building components exposed to natural climate conditions.
WUFI® is based on the newest findings regarding vapour diffusion and liquid transport in building materials.
WUFI® only requires standard material properties and easy-to-determine moisture storage and liquid transport functions.
WUFI® can use measured weather data - including driving rain and solar radiation - as boundary conditions, thus allowing realistic investigations on the behaviour of the component under exposure to natural weather.
WUFI® can be used for assessing
- the drying time of masonry with trapped construction moisture
- the danger of interstitial condensation
- the influence of driving rain on exterior building components
- the effect of repair and retrofit measures
- the hygrothermal performance of roof and wall assemblies under unanticipated use or in different climate zones.
- IBM-compatible Pentium-class computer. High speed is recommended for performance.
- At least 128 MB of random access memory (RAM).
- Microsoft Windows 2000TM or XPTM
- Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or higher
- Hard disk drive with at least 100 megabytes of available disk space.
- Additional 500 megabytes min. for the calculation results
Installing the Program:
In order to install WUFI you need to have the system administrator rights. Put the program installation CD in the appropriate CD drive and follow the instructions.